Chief Transformation Officer
We are looking for an experienced and highly capable Chief Transformation Officer to join Be the Bridge. The Chief Transformation Officer is a new role, and will have a direct impact on Be the Bridge’s strategic priorities. This role is located in Atlanta, Georgia. If the successful candidate does not already reside in the greater Atlanta area, relocation is expected within three months of starting with Be the Bridge.
The Chief Transformation Officer will develop, plan, and implement Be the Bridge’s transformation strategy to serve our mission and drive positive growth and change for all stakeholders. This is a key strategic role reporting to the CEO. The Chief Transformation Officer will work closely with senior colleagues across multiple business functions.
- Develop and lead the transformation strategy that expands Be the Bridge’s reach within the nation, and globally, while increasing the proportion of funding raised through content creation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Be the Bridge’s organizational purpose and services. Understands and shares Be the Bridge’s philosophy, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and CEO to enable successful implementation of the business strategy.
- Ensure best-in-class approach. Be able to see the whole picture and consider people, data, and infrastructure impact.
- Create shared ownership for implementing the transformation strategy and initiatives across the organization.
- Provide leadership while working with senior colleagues, managers, and project teams. Provide direction, coaching, and insights on the challenges, tactics, and pathways needed to adopt and enable timely delivery of projects.
- Ensure the development of effective communication strategies, and cultivate engagement opportunities to internal and external stakeholders, including donors and funders.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an assessment plan to ensure the transformation strategy achieves milestones, while minimizing risk to current operations and objectives.
- Oversee the development and management of the budget in collaboration with CEO, COO, and Directors.
- Prepare all necessary reports and updates to stakeholders.
- Review strategic direction at regular intervals and propose course-correcting actions where appropriate.
- Deliver meaningful and high-quality speeches. Effectively engage with the public, and our community stakeholders.
- Leads efficient operation of the transformation team. Oversees the Training, Consulting, and Programs departments including contractors and volunteers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and leading complex transformation business strategies in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated expertise driving successful operational turnarounds across the range of business functions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing business cases, plans, and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management skills, and detail orientations required.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) required. Ability to actively listen, build trust, and adapt communication to fit the audience. Maintains open and honest communication while performing duties.
- This position is located and based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- This position operates in a professional work environment routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, databases, phones, photocopiers, Teams, Zoom, and other communications platforms and AV equipment.
- The position requires some travel for Be the Bridge’s business needs.
- Minimum of 5 years serving in a Director level or equivalent capacity.
- Minimum of 10 years proficiency in racial literacy work.
- Minimum: Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Ph.D., in Organizational Management, Community Development, Social Justice, or related field; or a Juris Doctorate.
WHY WORK FOR BE THE BRIDGE?
Be the Bridge is a Christian-based organization that exists to empower people and culture toward racial healing, equity, and reconciliation. Our vision is that people and organizations are aware and respond to the racial brokenness and systemic injustice in our world. That we are no longer conditioned by racialized society but are grounded in truth. That all are equipped to flourish.
WHO WE ARE?
We are a passionate, diverse, and growing team committed to changing the culture. We believe in the power of truth telling and grace. We believe when people humbly acknowledge their brokenness and choose to pursue justice, that reconciliation can and will happen.
HOW WE HELP TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintain a safe workplace free of known hazards, all employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and manufacturer recommendations. If you are hired, we may require you to verify that you are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by your start date, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by BTB in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law.
BE THE BRIDGE COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Be The Bridge, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Be The Bridge leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, but also an organizational imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at BTB.
AA/EEO: As an equal employment opportunity employer, Be The Bridge and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Leave A Comment