Be the Bridge is on a mission to empower people and culture toward racial healing, equity and racial reconciliation. Are you interested in joining us? Check out our available positions!
BTB Youth & University Program Manager
The BTB Youth program is Be the Bridge’s initiative for middle and high school students to empower youth to lead families and culture toward racial justice, compassion and unity. Using a growing network of BTB Youth Leaders, BTBY empowers youth with the tools necessary for responding to the racial brokenness and systemic injustice in our world.
The BTB University program is designed to put tools and resources in the hands of college students, campus ministries and groups that empower students to delve into university history and lead conversation around race on campuses around the country.
The Youth & University Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs and will oversee the development, implementation and strategic growth of the Youth & University Programs. The Youth & University Program Manager will lead the artistic and educational vision of Youth & College curriculum, programming related resources and products. Primary responsibilities include planning and maintaining the Youth & University program calendar, communicating with BTB Youth students via WhatsApp and coordinating BTB Youth events, developing Youth & University program policies and monitoring budgetary expenditures, developing and evaluating program curriculum and products to adhere to all standards and guidelines, providing significant contributions to Youth & University program partnership development and strategic planning, and working closely with the Director of Programs.
The role requires experience leading teams, implementing programs, and creating innovative community training and activism opportunities. The role encompasses a broad range of internal and external responsibilities, including communications, project management and partnership building. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan different kinds of activities, and must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to manage this program.
STRATEGIC PLANNING & LEADERSHIP
- Develop strategic long-term program expansion goals, budgets, fundraising strategies and events with Director of Programs
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications department to identify and develop program marketing strategies and marketing materials
- Market the Youth & University programs to local and national entities as the premier programs for middle, high school and university students
- Support the Be the Bridge team in translating the strategic vision into actionable initiatives for volunteerism, advocacy and other boots-on-the-ground activism opportunities
- Manage, train and motivate a team of coordinators, interns, contractors and vendors providing services to the Youth & University Program
- Develop, maintain and grow an effective volunteer team for the Youth & University Program; recruit and train volunteers
- Establish and manage relationships with schools, universities, corporations, financial institutions, networking and alumni associations, and political, education and community groups for the advancement of the programs
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the local and national public schools system(s) and participating schools and community based organizations throughout the given market
- Maintain and cultivate funded program partnerships with school sites and other non-profits; identify future partners and potential funding opportunities
- Attend relevant partnership meetings to connect with key stakeholders within the U.S.
- Represent the organization at conferences and other public events; lead activities, speaking engagements and trainings
- Create program measurement tools, oversee data collection and evaluate outcomes
- Oversee the effective programming and ensure that funder, school, community and school standards are met
- Establish relationships with students currently in the Be the Bridge Youth Program
- Establish daily check-ins with BTB Youth on WhatsApp, engage students in conversation and monitor interactions in the group
- Manage all Youth & University social media channels, including writing and posting on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok; Stay up to date on social media trends
- Monitor program budgets; Oversee grant and contract compliances related to Be the Bridge Youth & University
- Utilize Brand Guide to understand and communicate Be the Bridge’s “voice,” language, and adhere to all branding guidelines
- Work with Director of Programs to create, launch and manage all Be the Bridge Youth Programs; establish and reach goals for students educated and volunteers recruited annually
- Coordinate classroom sessions with teachers and/or other site contacts to conduct the BTB Youth program modules
- Coordinate with and train BTB Youth Leaders to execute monthly and periodic special events, including teach-ins and movie nights
- Coordinate daily logistics and scheduling of all BTB Youth programs
- Coordinate execution process of Student Leadership Institute, including working with contractors to research and create activities
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field
- Experience in marketing and/or sales preferred
- Proven experience with strategy, administration, racial literacy/reconciliation or equivalent position
- Experience leading public presentations, trainings and speaking engagements; ability to represent the organization with a mix of gravitas and humility
- Experience managing a volunteer program; recruiting, training and managing volunteer relationships a plus
- Experience working with students (youth & college) a plus
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and manage multiple priorities
- Work well in a team-oriented environment and maintain harmonious relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence to manage group dynamics and collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Commitment to developing leaders and coalition building
- Proven ability to learn new skills and technology
- Stay abreast of the latest innovations relevant to the organization and educate others
- Evidence of decision-making through a combination of analysis, wisdom and judgment; able to act even with limited information and not afraid to lead in the face of resistance
- Innovative and resourceful; able to learn, adapt and make data-driven decisions to move the organization in the right direction
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and various project management software, CRM; Database experience preferred
This is a full time position (40 hours weekly) based in Atlanta, Georgia. To apply, send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line BTB Youth & University Program Manager: [Your Name].
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for customizing instances to Be the Bridge’s needs within Salesforce, completed by January 14, 2022. Provide training for all team members for basic understanding of Salesforce functionality & usage once instances are customized. Hours are negotiable.
PROJECT BUDGET: $10,000
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as system administrator, or project manager to customize the Salesforce; will need to routinely correspond with primary system administrator
- Perform basic administrative functions including modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations – those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner
- Identify, install, and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for event management, mass email, donation handling, and more
- Train users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Advise/assign Trailhead usage for team
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- A documented history of successful project completion
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
- Passion for our mission of Be the Bridge preferred
This is a project-based position that can be remote. To apply, send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line Salesforce Administrator: [Your Name] by Friday, October 22.