What information is BE THE BRIDGE gathering about its visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. icobb.com) and an IP Address (e.g. 220.127.116.113). When a visitor requests a page from within the BE THE BRIDGE website, our Web Servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our Web Server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows:
● The IP Address of the site that may have referred you to us.
● Your IP Address
● Any Web Page that you may have used to link with us.
● The Product Identifier for Version and Make of Browser (e.g. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36)
● The Operating System platform that you may be running (e.g. Macintosh or Windows)
● Search Words or Terms that are passed from a Search Engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or Lycos)
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every Web Server on the Internet today.
BE THE BRIDGE has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate, so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various Browsers and Operating Systems that visit our site. Additionally, as any business should attest, it is our desire to generate greater amounts of visitor traffic. By analyzing visitation patterns, referring URLs and Search Engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – BE THE BRIDGE uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising – BE THE BRIDGE uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. BE THE BRIDGE sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What information does BE THE BRIDGE collect when I purchase something?
If you purchase something, we need to obtain the appropriate information in order to complete the transaction. Depending upon the method of payment that you select and your location, the required information may vary. However, generally speaking we will need:
Billing Address (for Credit Card Orders)
Shipping Address, E-Mail Address, and Phone Number
Credit Card Number and Expiration Date: (for Credit Card Orders)
What other information does BE THE BRIDGE request?
We may collect the following information:
● contact information including e-mail address and phone number
● demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
● other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
● Internal record keeping
● We may use the information to improve our products and services.
● We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
● From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide BE THE BRIDGE with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
● Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
● Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via e-mail.
● Sign up for our newsletter or download free information from our website.
● Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict No Spam policy that means we will not sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent.
How will we use your data?
BE THE BRIDGE collects your data so that we can:
● Process your order and manage your account.
● E-mail you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
● Invite you to events that we think you might enjoy.
If you agree, BE THE BRIDGE will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When BE THE BRIDGE processes your order, it may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
In addition, BE THE BRIDGE will not send you e-mail that you have not agreed to receive. If you are a member of our Mailing List, you will be contacted with announcements, news, portfolio additions, and new products or services. You have the option of unsubscribing from our Mailing List at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the BE THE BRIDGE staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within BE THE BRIDGE.
BE THE BRIDGE would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out later.
You have the right at any time to stop BE THE BRIDGE from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to others.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What is your data protection rights?
BE THE BRIDGE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request BE THE BRIDGE for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that BE THE BRIDGE correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request BE THE BRIDGE to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erase – You have the right to request that BE THE BRIDGE erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that BE THE BRIDGE restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to BE THE BRIDGE’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that BE THE BRIDGE transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the contact form on this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Privacy policies of other websites